Download Media Kits / Fan Kits
These kits are .zip files containing cover images, print cover flats, excerpts, blurbs, bio, teaser graphics, social media icons, book details, and other information for use in sharing or posting about Cole’s books.
Join the McCade’s Marauders Street Team / Fan Group
McCade’s Marauders is a dual-purpose group: both for organizing fan-driven promotions, and a place for readers to gather together to socialize, discuss the books, ask questions, and get news on upcoming releases – complete with exclusive sneak peeks and bonus content. To become a member, head over to Facebook:
You can join in four six easy steps:
- Click the link.
- Sign in to Facebook.
- Click “join.”
- Wait for approval.
If for some reason you’re having trouble requesting to join, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can add you to the group.
What’s a Street Team? How’s it different from a fan page?
A street team is a group of loyal readers who act as boosters for an author’s books, and who will often participate in release-day events and promotions.
Wait, that sounds like work. What’s in it for me?
Other than a private, inclusive community to talk to other people who enjoy the same books? Benefits generally include:
- Early access to cover reveals, blurbs, giveaways, promotions, contests, etc.
- Sneak previews of passages from upcoming books.
- Exclusive contests and giveaways only for street team members.
- The chance to contribute to book development through feedback polls, etc.
- Exclusive audio recordings of Xen/Cole reading off everything from excerpts from his books to random silly limericks and other street team requests.
- Watching Xen/Cole act like a dork in a non-public place.
So what do I have to do?
No more than you generally do when you see something you like on Facebook or Twitter or Tumblr, really. You may be asked at some point to tweet something specific on release days, or to help with a cover reveal by reblogging the image, or other things to spread the word. It’s mostly just spreading the signal via social media or participating in planned promotional events. It’s not mandatory, but it’s appreciated. Generally some form of participation is involved in a lot of the giveaways.
What’s the downside?
Nothing, really, though there are a few caveats:
- You need a Facebook account to join.
- Everything mentioned on the group is confidential unless stated otherwise. That’s why the group is closed, member access only. Early access means keeping it hush-hush until the official release or promotion date. When something needs to be publicized, it’ll be announced–probably with pleas for you to shout about it everywhere. Confidential posts will be marked so; anyone leaking confidential information will be first warned, then removed from the group if it continues. In general it’s appreciated if you don’t share group content outside the group. that includes screenshots I post of works in progress, etc. Those are for the group only.
- Membership does require approval, but it’s just a matter of checking to make sure you’re not a fake account and then clicking a button. Cole or one of the admins will take care of it usually in less than 24 hours.
Still interested? Head over and sign up.
|NEW CROW CITY COVERS
The Crow City Series now has a new cover set – dark, sleek, and just in time for the latest book in the series. See the full series covers here.
TWENTY NOTES TO THE ANXIOUS, MELANCHOLY WRITER
|AUTUMN (CROW CITY #2.75)
The latest installment in the Crow City series is here – with series favorites Walford Gallifrey and Joseph Armitage returning in a poignant story of reconciliation and newfound love in the first contemporary M/M in the Crow City Series.